How to Start a Nissan with Dead Key Fob
If you find yourself unable to open your new or certified pre-owned Nissan with your key, then you may need to learn how to start a Nissan with a dead key fob. This is a common situation but one that comes with an easy solution! Let us help you get back on the road in no time, and learn more about Nissan key fob battery changes with Douglass Nissan.
Getting into Your Nissan
Since your key fob not only starts your vehicle but also opens it, you’ll still be able to get inside your vehicle even if your key fob battery is dead. Follow these steps to ensure you won’t be locked out of your vehicle and help you get on your way:
- First, flip the key fob over, then push the small release latch.
- Pull out the hidden emergency key from the bottom of the fob.
- Insert the key in the driver’s side door and unlock it to enter.
Starting Your Nissan
With a dead Nissa key fob, you can also start your vehicle so you won’t be stranded waiting for roadside service. If you have a Nissan car, truck, or SUV that has a key fob port, place the fob in the port and tap the brake pedal or clutch as you press the START/STOP button. This can still be done even if your Nissan doesn’t have a port. Simply press the key fob against the START/STOP button as you step down on the brake of the clutch.
Nissan Key Fob Battery Change
Once you have a replacement, follow these steps to change your Nissan key fob battery, and get back on Bryan and Madisonville streets:
- Remove the hidden key you used to get into your Nissan.
- Remove the key housing and take out the old battery after taking note of the position.
- Replace the CR2025 battery, making sure the negative side of the battery is facing up toward you.
- Put the key fob back together, and test it to ensure it works properly.
Get Quality Nissan Service at Douglass Nissan
If you need additional help with your Nissan key fob battery, our experienced service technicians are on-hand to assist you and get you back on the road in no time. If you’re looking for a Nissan key fob replacement, we can help you with that and much more. Take advantage of our service specials next time you need a new battery, or even an oil change or tire rotation. Contact us if you have any questions or to schedule a service appointment near Brenham and Huntsville!
Want to learn more about car ownership and car buying? Learn how to jump start a car or learn more about good mileage on a used car with our team today.